Scholarships will be added as soon as we get updated information for the 2013-2014 school year. In the meantime, check out the following websites that can match you to specific scholarship opportunities that will be available to you specifically.
Updated Scholarships for 2013-2014 School Year
The Horatio Alger Scholarship: Up to $20,000 for College!
- Must Be enrolled full-time as ahigh school senior in the United States.
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor's degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States.
- Demonstrate critical financial need. ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities.
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcming adversity.
- Maintain a minimumgrade point average of 2.0.
- Be a United States citizen.
Application deadline: October 25, 2013
For more Information go to: www.horatioalger.org/scholarships.
Global Lift Equipment Scholarship: $500
- Be currently attending or planning on attending a post-secondary institution in US or Canada in Sept. 2013 or 2014
- Submit a short story. Detailed instructions can be found on the application page: www.usedforkliftsontario.oa
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher
Deadline: October 25, 2013
2014 Prudential Spirit of CommunityAwards: $1000 and a trip to Washington DC
- Go to spirit.prudential.com or nassp.org/spirit to access the online application.
- Complete the application an the student/parent agreement by November 5, 2013.
- Go the "Cerification" page to email or print out instructions for your certifier. You must deliver these instructions to yur certifier by November 5, 2013. Your certifier can be your school principal or the head of a county 4-H group, Girl Scout council, american Red Cross Chapter YMCA or HandsOn Network affiliate.
- Your certifier has until November 12, 2013 to review applications online and select Local Honoree from applicants in your school or organization and nominate them for state-level judging.
Deadline: November 5, 2013
National Wild Turkey Federation Scholarship Program: $250/$1000/$10000
- Student shuld be graduating seniors with a 3.0 or above GPA
- Students must be pursuing a degree at an accredited institution of higher education.
- Students must support the preservation of the hunting tradition and actively participate in hunting sports. A copy of current hunting license is required.
- Students must hold a current NWTF membership.
- Students must be involved in school activities.
- Student must demonstrate ability as a leader among his or her peers.
- Students must submit an essay exhibiting dedication to conservation.
- Three letters of recommendation must be attached to the application.
- High Schools/students must submit complete applications to the local chapter by November 15. The local chapter president's name and address should appear on the application in the box provided.
Deadline: To AHS Counseling Center by November 26, 2013
Youth Volunteer Scholarship Award: $500
To be eligible to apply for the Youth Volunteer Scholarship Award a student must:
- Have completed a minimum of 50 hours of volunteer work over the past 2 years.
- Have maintained a GPA of 3.5 or greater.
- Be under the age of 21 years of age on the day of the deadline.
Applications can be found by goint to: www.studentscholarships.org/volunteer.php
Deadline. November 29, 2013
Elks National Foundation, Inc. 2014 Valuable Student Scholarship Contest:
- Visit www.elks.org/enf/scholars/mvs.cfm.
- Click on the 2014 MVS application link.
- Enter your email address to register.
- Fill out your contact information and submit.
- A cover page specific to you will be generated. Print and save this document.
- Download the remaining four pages of the application. The application is five pages total, including the cover page. The five pages do not include supplemental materials.
Deadline: To the AHS Counseling Center by December 5th at 3:00 p.m.
2014 Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship: Full Tuition plus $900 per year for books:
- Access application online at www.scottcountyfoundation.org at the scholarships sub-menu.
- Applicants will be required to write two essays. Essays may be prepared ahead of time, but will be submitted from 6-8 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 9 at Austin High School or 6-8 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 10 at Scottsbsurg High School.
- Recommendations will be required and will be done online. Ask those individuals you would like to recommend before hand and get their email addresses for the application process online.
- Applcations are due on Monday, December 9th at noon.
Deadline: December 9 at noon
2014 NFIB Young Entrepreneur Award:
- Are you a young entrepreneur?
- Must be a graduating senior who operates their own small business.
- Visit www.NFIB.com/YEA for more information
- Apply before December 18th, 2013
Deadline: December 18, 2013
If your parents or gradparents are members of the Elks, check out the Elks website for the Legacy Scholarship!
2014 Profiles in Courage Essay Contest: $500-$5000 Awards
See website for complete information: www.jfklibrary.org
Students in grades 9-12 are eligible.
Deadline: January 6, 2014
Indiana Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance Scholarships:
Four $500 scholarships.
Criteria for IAHPERD Awards Scholarships includes the following;
Participation in school activities,
- Participation in community activities,
- Academic Achievement (minimum grade point average of 3.0),
- Financial need, and
- Proposed major in one of the following disciplines: health education, physical education, recreation, dance education, or sport administration at an Indiana college or university.
Applications must be postmarked no later than January 15, 2014.
For more information go to www.inahperd.org.